Young People's Health
Sometimes it is difficult for young people to access the services we offer for a number of reasons
· It could be that because of school you are unable to get to the surgery
· It could be that because you don’t live in Haltwhistle it would mean asking someone to bring you
· It could be that you would feel uncomfortable sitting in the waiting room because of who might see you.
NHS staff will always ask you first before sharing information you have given them. But if they think you or someone else is at risk of serious harm, they may have to share the information with other people without your permission. Before doing this, they will always try to talk to you about it first.
As a patient you have the right to:
· Decide about taking part in research trials - these can help find new treatments but you don't have to take part in them if you don't want to.
· Information about your health and treatment options - this will help you decide what is best for you.
· Have a friend or relative with you.
· Have an interpreter or signer to help you.
You are responsible for keeping appointments
Please inform the practice in advance if you can’t make an appointment. If you don’t let them know then you’ve wasted an opportunity that someone else could have had.
Your medical records
You can see your medical records if you want to, but there will be a charge. Contact the Practice Manager in writing in order to arrange this.
What we can do to help you
· Reassure you that all consultations are confidential from family, friends, and school.
· We are a C-Card surgery – therefore once registered you can get your free condoms and a chlamydia test.
· If you need any confidential advice about health issues please make an appointment or telephone us at the surgery.
· If you would like an appointment, but would prefer not to sit in the waiting room, then let us know and we will arrange this for you.
· We have both male and female doctors for you to choose from.
· Contraceptive prescriptions are FREE
Telephone numbers you might find useful
A confidential substance misuse service (for under 18's)
Tel: (01670) 500 150 or Text: 07788 496 793
Tel: (0191) 219 5013/5011
Northumberland GUM services
Tel: (01670) 543 131
Freephone Tel: (0800) 11 11
Websites that you might find useful
www.talktofrank.com National Drugs and information services